Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mango & Sago in Coconut Milk


Feeling guilty that I haven't updated my blog as frequently as the beginning, I decided to make a really good dessert and share it with you!
But... I never expected it to be soooo time consuming that I spent almost one hour on this little bowl...
This is a quite Chinese style dessert called Mango & Sago in Coconut Milk, and most cafes and restaurants in the southern part of China are really proud to serve it as a chief's recommendation!
So I had some problems in making this dessert, the biggest trouble is that the baby sago is too difficult to control, i mean, if I just broil it in the hot water, then the outside becomes transparent as expected but the inside stays rare! Then i tried to find some tips online, and successfully solved this problem. Another problem was the mango, I chose a ripe one in the beginning, but the cubes looked soooo gross since the juice came out! >.< So I ate that up and used a rare mango and the cubes became normal, thank god!
Oh by the way, if you're considering making this dessert, please use coconut milk instead of milk as some of the recipes recommended, cuz the flavor would be soooo much better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment